Tuesday, 18 April 2017

EASTER HAZARDS


KEEP YOUR DOG SAFE FROM ALL THE EASTER CHOCOLATE





TREATMENT;  IF YOUR DOG INGESTS  CHOCOLATE !!!!!


THERE IS NO SET TOXIC DOSE WHEN IT COMES TO CHOCOLATE POISONING
OTHER FACTORS WILL ALSO NEED TO BE FIGURED IN: THE SIZE OF DOG, THE HEALTH OF THE DOG, THE AMOUNT OF CHOCOLATE CONSUMED. ALSO THE TYPE OF CHOCOLATE.

DIFFERENT TYPES OF CHOCOLATE HAVE DIFFERENT LEVELS OF CAFFEINE AND THEOBROMINE WHICH INCREASES THE HEART RATE.

A TOXIC DOSE IS 40 Mgs OF THEOBROMINE PER 1 OZ, OF MILK CHOCOLATE
150 Mgs OF THEOBROMINE PER 1 OZ, OF SEMI SWEET CHOCOLATE AND 400 Mgs OF THEOBROMINE  PER 1 0Z OF DARK CHOCOLATE.

SO A TOXIC DOSE IS 100 Mg OF CHOCOLATE PER 1 Kg OR (2.2 LBS) OF BODY WEIGHT.
SINCE BAKKER'S CHOCOLATE HAS THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF THEOBRIMINE A TOXIC LEVEL WOULD BE 2 BAKERS SQUARES FOR 10LBS OR (4.53Kg) DOG.

CONTACT VETERINARIAN
INDUCE VOMITING IF INGESTED LESS THAN 1 1/2 HOURS

SIGNS OF CHOCOLATE OVERDOSE
HYPERACTIVITY
VOMITING
DIARRHEA
INCREASED DRINKING
INCREASED URINATING
INCREASED HEART RATE
SEIZURES
POSSIBLE DEATH.

No comments:

Post a comment