Wednesday 3 February 2016

HAGRID

 
2001 TO 2016
 
HAGRID
 

My daughters were 9 and 11 now 24 and 26 when Hagrid first arrived!
 A soccer enthusiast, so he fit right in. He was our protector our friend our family.
We will miss him more then we know, He gave us so much and ask for so little.
 
The poem, authored by Gayl Jokiel, reads as follows:Walk with an Old Dog
 
Because you will not be forever,
Hope against time I may,
I paint your picture in my memory,
Eyes blue with age, muzzle gone grey.
Because you walked with me in springtime,
Puppy-clumsy, running free.
As you grew older we grew together.
You became part of me.
Because you shared with me my sorrows,
Not understanding, simply there.
Often spurring me to laughter,
My friend, you know how much I care.
Because the years have slowed your fleetness,
Though your spirit is still strong.
I promise I will take more time now,
So that you can go along.
Because you do not fear the future,
Living on in the now,
I draw strength from your example,
Yet time keeps slipping by somehow.
Because the day will soon be coming
When I will no longer see,
You rise to greet me, but in my memory,
You will always walk with me.

WE LOVE YOU HAGRID
REST NOW TILL WE MEET AGAIN!

1 comment: