Sunday, 5 July 2015

Water Intoxication

Water Intoxication  JoAnna Lou

Dogs that swim or play in the water, sprinklers or hoses, may be at risk of ingesting too much water. Many dogs bite at the water or swallow large amounts while retrieving toys from the water.
Owner must be wary and watchful
 because drinking too much water can cause electrolyte levels to drop, thinning blood plasma leading to swelling of the brain and other organs.  
We all love watching our dog’s play in the water having a great time.
 It’s always our responsibility to keep our dogs safe.
 Some dogs won’t stop so it’s up to us to give the dog rests and end playtime
if too much water is being ingested.
If we see any of the following signs: Lack of coordination lethargy, nausea, vomiting, dilated pupils, glazed eyes, light coloured gums, excessive drooling.  
Advanced symptoms: difficulty breathing, collapsing, loss of consciousness, and seizures..

No comments:

Post a Comment