Lawn care in the fall the last dose of weed and feed is applied to many lawns. Lawn fertilizer is poison to our pets. We need to keep are dogs off the lawn for 24 hours. Often your dog will sniff, lick, chew or roll around on your lawn. If the lawn has been treated keep your dog off. Even semi-toxic pesticides can be harmful. Residue from the weed kill can transfer on to your pet and he can lick himself ingesting the pesticide.
This can cause skin irritation. Rinse your dogs’ coat with water. If he has ingested pesticide you should induce vomiting.
Studies have linked lawn fertilizer with cancer. There are safer pet friendly products like corn gluten that can be used instead.