Saturday 3 May 2014

Spay incontinence


Spay incontinence

I got my Border collie Newla fixed at 7 months. I don’t know if I had of waited longer if she still would have got Spay incontinence. My fully house trained pup began leeking urine after her spay. Next female dog I get we will wait until she is over a year to spay her. What happens is in Spay incontinence the hormone affect the working of the sphincter muscle. After her spay, there was a reduction in the estrogen hormone which in turn affects the sphincter muscle control.  So you take your dog back to the veterinarian and they are put on a synthetic estrogen to correct the dribbling problem.

I decide to go a different route and try homeopathic drugs instead. Unfortunately this is a constant battle. Newla when she lies down or is totally relaxed she pees. She wears diapers and is crated when we are not home. So we manage to contain her accidents.

New, goes out often, we have her on Plant estrogen flax is mixed with her food twice a day. I am about to try Soy Isoflavone which is a great source of estrogen. She was on this before and it helped then stopped helping so I hope it will help again for a while.


I will let you know.
To learn more about this and other medical conditions, register for a Canine First aid Course at http://knowthydog.com/register.asp or contact knowthydog@yahoo.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment